Our Tools

"We become what we behold. We shape our tools and thereafter our tools shape us." - Marshall McLuhan

Monday, April 23, 2012

I am the prop master for a local boy scout group and we do a haunted walk every year (not the last two though). My idea was to use the woods and one of the many costumes we have to create a Sasquatch video that might be able to be used the next time we advertise for the haunted walk. I used the disappearing technique that we used in class for the video. I did further research on the disappearing technique and the habits of Sasquatch. I did the voice and filming (I am not a good actor!) and my son played the part of Sasquatch in a Blair Witch-isk type of film. Bibliography included in comments in post.

Untitled from Debbie McMillen on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Bibliography

    Glimcher, Summer. "Movie Making: a Guide to Film Production." NY - Columbia University Press, 1975

    "Creating Video Effects in Premiere 6.5" www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=30024&seqNum=2

    "Hollywood's Secrets Revealed: Special Effects in Movies." www.videomaker.com/article/3550/

    Banta, Mark. "How reliable are Sasquatch Databases." www.bigfootresearch.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=193

    www.sasquatchresearch.net/vocalizations.html

    Titcomb, Anna. "Scientific Inquiry into Bigfoot or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Sasquatch." 2007. www.pseudoarchaeology.org/a09-titcomb.html

    ReplyDelete